Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Any Female Tractor Lovers?

Steve72

Now that my daughter (TractorChick) has paid her dues I am curious if there are other females that frequent this site? Or is Lyndsey breaking ground? Hope this isn/t a "boys only" club...and I just broke the sacred pact--to be shunned forever! Quick Bio: --she is college educated (Journalism) --married to a great guy who puts up with her strange hobbies --has 2 daughters of her own (future Allis owners) --is 5'1" and 90 lbs soaking wet (thus the small frame tractor) --now an offical B-10 owner

You forgot to say she's really good-looking. As to "sacred pact", uhhhh nope. I know there are female members. No worries, no big deal, and totally welcome. Anything other would be discrimination. Most members are male, but for all I know (or care), most members could be female. Hey, I could be female, male, or both - I doubt anyone cares - but I can hear the jokes already, w that comment. 8) :D It's about tractors first and foremost, allis and simplicity especially, and main game is the preservation and restoration of such tractors. You might see some comments about how "the wife just does not understand why I need 14 tractors", but that will never change. "Future Allis owners" ? PRICELESS. sm03

welcome to the club Lyndsey ^ and i hope you enjoy your B-10 tractor once your dad and yourself get the bugs worked out. this can be a addictive hobby, but it not always just about tractors. the tractor community is full of great folks and their families. now i wonder how long it will take before you have two tractors ?. you know, gotta have one setup for mowing and one setup for chore's :D.

Lyndsey is entirely welcome and in no way breaking ground. There are a few female members, some have been here for years, as well as a few wives in the club

Lyndsey will surely make a welcome addition...selfishly, that's what I need is some female representation in the hobby to get my wife eased into it a bit more. ;) I'm sure it takes some bravery to step into a male dominated hobby, but good for her! Steve, she fits that tractor well...you ever see some of the old goats around here that ride those thngs? I'm suprised we don't see more frame failures under our butts }:)

We had a woman who went by Stormy a few years ago. I haven't heard from her in a while. It sounds like Lyndsey has a lot going for her, welcome to da nuthouse!sm00

I'm sure these post will put a big smile on her face. Thanks again guys and i hope one day we can meet all up somewhere for a cold brew and some great conversation as I'd love to talk in person!!

quote:
Originally posted by Steve72
I'm sure these post will put a big smile on her face. Thanks again guys and i hope one day we can meet all up somewhere for a cold brew and some great conversation as I'd love to talk in person!!
Got one started now if you can travel that far. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=118423 Your daughter would be welcomed, but she had better have a well oiled voice box because it is about 3 plus hours of tractor talk, the loudest voice gets the attention. The agenda is no agenda, just fun talk and maybe some pizza pop and barley pop.:D:D

Let me get this straight!!! You ask if there any female tractor lovers out there?? How do you tell if a tractor is male or female???:D:D Welcome to the zoo.

:D:D Good one Willy. Lyndsey, welcome to the club. Hope your other half becomes just as hooked. Once Dad helps you straighten out the glitches you will have a fine working machine. Then of course you will be haunting ebay and Craigs looking for attachments. Happy hunting. B10Dave

quote:
Originally posted by Brettw
They're all males except the Hydros. They do all the whining. :O:o)
Then how do you explain my hydros mating? I mean if you look at how MANY there are here, they must be. :) And I'm in favor of co-ed all the way, just yesterday I delivered a parts tractor to an owner whose wife had stripped and re-painted his B10 for him!!! Beautifull job. Seems like the world has hope after all! And welcome!

You guys are too funny. Now if I can just pry my new tractor from my pop's hands, I might be a halfway useful contributor here. (Oh, who am I kidding. The longer Allis stays in his care, the less he'll be able to resist buying new parts for her ... ) :)

TractorChic, Welcome to the best tractor site on the Net. Beware, these little tractors can be very addictive....one is never enough....come to think of I haven't found out what enough is yet....:D&:):o)

quote:
Originally posted by Willy
Let me get this straight!!! You ask if there any female tractor lovers out there?? How do you tell if a tractor is male or female???:D:D Welcome to the zoo.
omg - Willy - you of all people - you gotta be kidding, right? When I bought my 716 with horizontal shaft engine, and front pto - I kinda wondered until I saw that OO - not sure what you're running but mine is definitely a boy. ! It's like anything else, you look under the hood. I did, sure enough, it's a boy named Alice, or something like that. I still call him, "Baby", or "Good Boy"; until I come up with something more formal. Mine talks to me too. yell No, I'm not crazy - honest - well, maybe a little. 8)

quote:
Originally posted by TractorChic
You guys are too funny. Now if I can just pry my new tractor from my pop's hands, I might be a halfway useful contributor here. (Oh, who am I kidding. The longer Allis stays in his care, the less he'll be able to resist buying new parts for her ... ) :)
By a year from now you will be an experienced owner and will be invited to be the guest speaker to talk about your going pains at the annual Bull Session in Wisconsin. You can talk as long as you want for no more then five mintutes.;)

Love the Beacon I'm excited by working "electricality"of tractors. I think Bob "BLT" is responsible for that word frying the spell check. Welcome Good Luck you are already ahead of me Your lights probably work on the tractor.