Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

king pin bushing/bearing AC 917

912mow

Does anyone know the dimension of the king pin bushing on the front spindle for an AC 917. Inside dia. , outside dia., thickness, length. Thanks for the help.

See below, still available from Simplicity parts. Need 4 @ $5.00 each. Unless you really like turning thin wall parts, probably easier just to buy then. Part # 16 in the pic
[img]/club2/attach/GregB/smallaxle.jpg[/img]
From one of the advertisers on Simple Tractors, our host for this club.
[img]/club2/attach/GregB/cart1.jpg[/img]
The last set I put in I justed pressed the old ones farther into the tube and put the new ones just flush with the end

Thanks Greg, that is what I was looking. I have a little wear on my spindle and was thinking of installing 2 each top and bottom for a total of 8. I have 2 tractors, AC 912 and AC 917 and was looking a little cheaper bushing to buy 16.

Most bearing shops will have bushings take one out and bring it to them and they will hve or get them for you. They are part of our supply at work.

I did look at McMaster, their listings give nominal sizes for the diameters and then a tolerance. Did not match the listed sizes, I posted from SEPW. Might be a custom size.

It must be a special bushing, the nearest I can find is .753 x .878 in different lengths. Thanks for all the suggestions. There is a bearing shop in Raleigh I will try since I go there several times a week. Has anyone tried to build up the shafts when they are worn? I tried that but machine shop said they could not chuck it up in the lathe to turn it back down.

If they are really bad, try to find someone local who is parting out a tractor. Any machining fixes will be costly. It could be fixtured in a mill, and "turned" down using a boring head, maybe. or Bolted to a face plate on the lathe, with a support fixture, again in therory possible but time consuming. If you find one local you can save the shipping and make sure they are better than yours before you buy.