Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
steveo358

7117 planetary gear assembly question

steveo358
Hi, I have a 7117 and it seems like I have some movement in my planetary gear assembly. When off you can wiggle it. I wouldnt think this is correct. Alsothe pulleys behind it, one with long belt, other has short belt,they are not spinning together when idling. The back innermost pulley has slight movement. I sprayed lube oil behind it toward the axle, and when it spins it has a squeal to it. Also when driving, it has that squeal also. Are there some bushings that are possibly worn inside these on the shaft? I took cap off planetary, and grease was practically dry. What would I need to order, to possibly get the slop out of the assembly. I have looked over parts diagrams, and am not coming up with much. tractor model is 1690740, 7117 semi automatic. Thanks, Steve

OrangeMetalGuy
Steve, I would get the manual for the Shuttle and go through the adjustments and lubrication steps meticulously. The Shuttles work well but you need to follow the maintenance and adjustment steps from A-Z. As far as the movement others may be able to help.