Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Mike-GA

Painting B10 Steering Wheel

Mike-GA
What have you used to paint a B10 steering wheel? I was not going to paint the grip portion but after painting the spokes it looks kind of bad. This is a working tractor so I didn't want to get dirt and grease on new paint. I was thinking about the Krylon Fusion. Any thoughts?

70schopper
I have painted 3 B10 steering wheels so far and found a method that works for me. Obviously use something to degrease the wheel first like acetone or lacquer thinner. Then I use Duplicolor Wimbelton White paint from Napa. The trick is to coat one side at a time and while the Wimbleton White is wet spray Duplicolor clear coat. All of my tractors are working tractors and the paint job really does last. My oldest is 4 years old and still looks like the day I sprayed it.

Talntedmrgreen
I like the Rustoleum Canvas White...same enamel I use on my wheels. So far I've not had one split, crack, peel, chip, etc. Grease and dirt cleans off easily.

gwiseman
quote:
Originally posted by 70schopper
I have painted 3 B10 steering wheels so far and found a method that works for me. Obviously use something to degrease the wheel first like acetone or lacquer thinner. Then I use Duplicolor Wimbelton White paint from Napa. The trick is to coat one side at a time and while the Wimbleton White is wet spray Duplicolor clear coat. All of my tractors are working tractors and the paint job really does last. My oldest is 4 years old and still looks like the day I sprayed it.
I've gotta try this method. Mine are use tractors as well and although I've had good luck w/similar method I left out the clear coat. you know what they say, to keep the mind young you have to keep learning.