Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Question on freeing up a valve

simple-kid

Hi, I'm starting to restore my sovereign 3112v and the problem I'm having is how Ill free up the valve once I pop the head cover off . It has no compression but spark is great so if someone could tell me what I should do so I don't mess it up. and also if it had no compression would it still pump the gas through the carb cause I'm having that problem to.

So it is stuck open . put you some tranny fluid down in there let it sit there over night. Then next day turn the fly wheel till you fill it hit the valve and other side will be closed ( thats if only one is froze up) turd flywheel 1/4 turn put a board on the valve and give a light tap keep doing this till it frees up (may take a while) Once it is working on its own when it is open with only your hand turn the valve some to help it free up that way also. Hope this helps or makes sence. This is how Zippo walked me through mine and works and the motors both run again