Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
scrapper

Sloppy plow blade.. Manual lift.

scrapper
On my 7012h, my dozer blade has quite a bit of slop to all the of it's positions. Is this normal.?.? I have added a spacer(nylon,and steel.) Used barn door hardware through hole where pin usually goes, that to out the slop but you needed a wrench to change positions. no good, Finally went and got a new pin (a little wider, and brand new of course.) That helped a little but still a lot of play. Any tricks you huys use that I'm not thinking of, or just the nature of the beast. I have to say the plow works great the slop just bangs a round to much and is a little annoying?

henroan
Mines all over the place too. It works great though. I do have a crack in one of the supports that I am sure will break someday but there's not much that I can do. Just fix it when it breaks.

rokon2813
If it's a 3 position manual angle, put a big C-clamp around where the 3 holes are and squeeze the bracket together till the blade pivots a little stiff, then tighten down the pivot bolt pretty tight. When you take the C clamp off it will loosen up a bit and pivot nice, but will take out a lot of the play. :D Rather than using a pin, hard to get ahold of with heavy gloves, I use an old garage door roller for that pin. The wheel is easy to grab with gloves and I think the shaft is a bit larger than nominal pin sizes.