Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sloppy plow blade.. Manual lift.

scrapper

On my 7012h, my dozer blade has quite a bit of slop to all the of it's positions. Is this normal.?.? I have added a spacer(nylon,and steel.) Used barn door hardware through hole where pin usually goes, that to out the slop but you needed a wrench to change positions. no good, Finally went and got a new pin (a little wider, and brand new of course.) That helped a little but still a lot of play. Any tricks you huys use that I'm not thinking of, or just the nature of the beast. I have to say the plow works great the slop just bangs a round to much and is a little annoying?

You don't want it to tight it could bind up. If it bothers to much you can drill the holes big enough to fit the next size pin. Just my 2cents worth.:D

Mines all over the place too. It works great though. I do have a crack in one of the supports that I am sure will break someday but there's not much that I can do. Just fix it when it breaks.

If it's a 3 position manual angle, put a big C-clamp around where the 3 holes are and squeeze the bracket together till the blade pivots a little stiff, then tighten down the pivot bolt pretty tight. When you take the C clamp off it will loosen up a bit and pivot nice, but will take out a lot of the play. :D Rather than using a pin, hard to get ahold of with heavy gloves, I use an old garage door roller for that pin. The wheel is easy to grab with gloves and I think the shaft is a bit larger than nominal pin sizes.

All great suggestions I like the c clamp that were most of the play is and the garage door roller might be the trick. Thanks everyone!