Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
npalen

Allis 720/CCKB Question

dhardin
Before you pull the motor double check the oil sending unit when running. The side cover around the oil filter, easy to see. If the oil sender is loose or cracked it will leak only when running. The flywheel/fan is blowing the oil and becomes hard to find its origin. Hope this is the issue it is a easy fix. But not a cheap part from Onan but I have read somewhere there is a stander automotive oil sending unit that will cross over just fine. Good luck. Dan H

1Litre
I had an onan oil filter housing loose and leaking back there once. I just can not remember if it was a CCK or the B series twin. dhardin is right on with that sender too. Standard Ignition catalog had a specguide with pictures . It had the pressure it would swtch at and normaly open or close ,thread design etc... Points where more affordable from them too. Ken

dhardin
If my memory serves me correctly this Onan runs 30 to 40 PSI oil pressure when wormed up. The oil sender is normally closed. (light will turn on when not running) Once you have started the switch is set to open at 15 psi. hence turning off the light on the dash. So find a oil switch with a normal closed with a 15 psi setting and the right pipe thread into the oil filter plate.