Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
simple-kid

dual wheel adaptors

Talntedmrgreen
They are neat, but I don't think I'd run them for any real work for fear of busting an axle. For originals...I dunno. A modified pair went for $100+ not too long ago on ebay. A complete set with the lugs went for around $180, I think shortly after. I've seen them go between $200-300, complete, as well. If you must have them, I would expect to pay $150-250 these days. The aftermarket set is a real nice option. Very nicely made. I wish those guys would kick out some Simplicity stuff.

Talntedmrgreen
Tim, Ill have to look closer at what I have as far as rim differences and compatibility goes. I know of only one dual wheel kit #. The only bolt pattern I know of on the large frames is the one you mention. Edit: two numbers, difference was tire type....AG vs turf

1Litre
I wrote on another post on this. The Carolina built Allis broke the axle and diff twice on a baseball field . CASE/Davis trenchers had a spacer for dual 23X10.50 wheels but the axle is automotive style Dana 44. The trencher is now built by Astec and sold by LF George in Wisconsin.

Talntedmrgreen
Lucky you! I don't think you'd ever have an issue putsin' around the yard, but if you start working the machine, adding attachment weight, uneven terrain, etc, you are begging for a repair. When I redid my Big Ten with the loader, I shopped hard and did some reasearch on my tires. My 6-12's on the outside are about a 1/2" shorter than my 8.5's on the inside. I liked the concept of having less pressure and less contact with the ground on the outside wheels. On a hard surface you can turn the tractor with the same footprint as a standard setup, but they are there sort of like outriggers if you get topheavy and tippy with the loader. That being said, I still haven't used them when working with the loader. I consider them for show, and my soil doesn't justify running them for any reason in the dirt. They do look great! OO

acfarmer
If you need duals for stability put more air pressure in the inside tires and this will make the inside tires basically carry the load except when the tractor starts to tilt to one side or the other.