Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Allis B206E question- Pics Added!

steve-wis

Just got an Allis B206E home and in the garage. B10Dave has told me that the gas tank for this tractor should be on the engine. The engine looks to be original but no sign of a tank being mounted anywhere. Previous owner has mounted a murray tank to the front of the dash tower and it works, but I want to bring it back to original. The book I have says that the tank is a 2 quart tank but no picture or mention of where it is mounted. Does anyone have one of these or know what it should look like? The engine is a 146707, 1151-01, 700324. I am guessing the tank should be part no. 292944 if mounted to engine, but manual for engine says this tank is used on the 0152 and 0153 series, not the 1151 that I have. Will it work? Maybe the engine isn't original, but the year of 1970 is about right and the model number is right also. This is the electric start engine, gear drive starter. Any help is, as always, appreciated!! Steve

Steve. Went to the shop and double checked fuel tank. Don't know what I was thinking when I told you tank was on engine. My engine # is same as yours except higher production number; 7002261. Here are a couple of pics of the "replacement" tank put on by PO. I will be looking for or making a better fitting tank.Dave

Thanks for the pics and info. Had me wondering when I saw no mounting brackets or holes for a tank on the engine. Any idea what the original might have looked like? I can't find a pic of in anywhere. I checked the manual you sent me, and also one I bought on ebay and there were no pics or description of gas tank. I might try to make one as well if nothing else works out. I will try to get a pic of the one in mine tomorrow and post it. Steve

• 3 weeks later...
I have a tank like that but with the starter it won't fit. I am building a tank to mount on the dash tower instead. Thanks for the pics tho! Didn't get a chance to chat with you much yesterday, hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. Steve

OK, the tank I have does not fit around the starter. I have already started to build a tank anyway, but thanks for the info. Steve

The Homesteader7 that I have has a tank mounted similar to Bud 119195 picture. The tractor is 50 miles away right now, but I think the tank has a couple of molded pieces that slip into slots on the engine shroud.

Ken, The one I have has two straps that mount it to a bracket that is bolted to the engine block. It came off of an 8 hp briggs that is now in my 616. The engine in the 206 has no provision on the shroud for a tank to attach, and the bracket that I have doesn't seem to bolt to the block of the 6 hp engine either. I have the pcs. for the tank I am building cut and will bend them this week and get it welded up. Will post pics as I go with it. I got a temporary work change to 2nd shift at 12 hrs. a day for the next two weeks, so playing will take a back seat for a bit. Thanks for all the info tho, I am learning, yes maybe slowly, but learning none the less. Steve