Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Early spring break?

Mack

Hard to believe this is February 1! Had both garage doors open and working with just a sweat jacket on.

The snow crew standing by and restless with nothing to do.

New rear tires for the B1 project.

And salvage work on a 312D.

56 here in the Milwaukee area on Tuesday, 46 today. Marty had the same, he just puts a negative sign in front of it.:D

Your too right about that Brett. Mack, I LOVE the looks of your yard. I have a good two months before any sign of such a scene to come.

Yeah, it was 54 here Tuesday, and I was in a T-shirt int he garage. Nice opportunity for getting some tractor work done. ;)

Like Brett said. I was out in the garage (door closed) yesterday working on the wife's car in a sweatshirt. Looks like another warm one today.

quote:
Originally posted by comet66
We're on track to use about half of the wood we normally use.
Us too. Can't say I'm pleased about the lack of snow and cold (if I could live somewhere with 300"+ of snow a year, I would), but I got WAY behind with wood this year and didn't get nearly enough cut, or so I thought... If we had to have a winter like this, I suppose I'm glad it was this year sm00

More progress in the garage with these spring like temperatures. Got a look at the 16hp Kohler that I picked up at a swapmeet in November. Had the head off. Not bad, a .003 oversize piston in it not sloppy in the bore. Swapped the bottom drain oil pan with a side drain. Found a mess in the pan. Balance gear (grenade gear) loose/damaged and the dip rod broken.

The apparent culprit.

Decided to work on getting the steering wheel and colum out of the parts 312. Patience is the key getting these off without damaging the wheel. Tighten the puller, taps with dead blow hammer, lots of penetrating oil.

Some general shots of the shop.

Wow nice shop !! Wheres the parts shelf man?? lol And nice looking work crew you have waiting for a go at it . Your lucky when that gear went thats all you got out of it. I had one go out once and decided that it wanted to see the other side of the block . Good luck in the repair of it .

• Who's Online (See full list)

• John Levis
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts