Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

pto for a 620

Sid

That's right Sam, all of the powermax tractors have a female PTO shaft connection at the tractor. This along with the not-so-standard 2000RPM speedmake aftermarket attachments hard to find. I have found that rear mounted PTO shaft driven attachments made for Powerking UT620 tractors are a direct fit. In fact, I have a Powerking tiller that I use on my 9020. If you can find a yoke with the 1" - 12 spline shaft, you can convert many implements that fit a cat "0" 3pt hitch, even if the implement was made for 540 RPM Pto speed. Most of these attachments, like a chipper/shreader for instance, have an intermediate belt that drives the machine from the PTO shaft. By changing out the sheaves you can make the machine accept a 2000 PTO speed with the same internal speed. Hope that helps. Paul

I just bought a AC 620 the PTO is there but there is no shaft. After talking to aparts dept. that handles some AC/Simplicity parts I was informed that all the implements for this tractor came with the shaft attached. My question is, is there an after market shaft or some other shaft that will work on this tractor so that I can run implements other than O.E.M. or do I need to start looking O.E.M. equipment. I'm kinda new to this tractor stuff and could use a little help. Thanks.