Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

caretakr

Neutral safety switch for AC 720

caretakr
I am looking for any info. on the neutral safety switch that is located on the Simp. 9020 or the AC720. The switch is supposed to be on the steering column under the hydrostatic trans. control lever. I just purchased a unit that has had the switch removed and I would like to find info. and switch to replace it. Thanks

midnightpumpkin
The neutral safety switch is located on a bracket above where the control lever enters the hydrostatic drive, circled in red below.

The switch itself is the same as the one used on the 3400 and 7000 series tractors and should be readily available. John U

D-17_Dave
John, on the late model tractors these switches were moved up into the dash. They contacted the lower arm of the hydro dash lever. Still, the information to replace is correct. Any Simplicity dealer should be able to help you out.

midnightpumpkin
Ah, yes, I forgot there is an early and a late 9020. The early 9020 seems to be identical to the 4041, the changes all came in the late 9020's. It looks like a more complicated, but perhaps cheaper, way to implement the neutral safety switch. caretakr, do you know how to download the manuals for your tractor? Your manufacturer number is probably 1690072 if it is an early model like the diagram I posted earlier. If it is a late model with the switch in the dash, the manufacturer number is 1690283. Go the the club home page and put the appropriate manufacture number in the "SEARCJ FOR MANUALS" box in the upper right corner of the page. They are indispensible. John U

GrincheyOne
Welcome aboard, There are a smorgasbord of interlocks, specially on the 4000 and 5000 series machines. some are normally open and some are normally closed. The wiring schematics are to match to the machines, since the wire colors vary along with the manufacturing dates.

caretakr
Thanks to all you guys for the help and advice on the neutral switch. I found the manuel section and have downloaded some material, now it seems to be a matter of being able to find the needed parts. Thanks again, caretakr