Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

wrong color but paint is cheap!

rokon2813

Wow just sad to see the one disc is slightly bent but other then that it looks good one a Bee . Be nice to find one like that close to me . It would be sitting next to your old 700

Very nice Dan...those are big $$ finds here. :p I've never even seen one in action, or the results of their efforts.

Dan, Pull that outer disk off and take a big hammer to it. It should straighten right out. I would do that before trying to sell it. Will make it more sellable.

Actually, it has 4 bends that I see so far. Gonna try and straighten all of them. Everyone can see the right front disc. Right rear outside disc is also bent a little. Left front shaft is bent a bit, and front frame is twisted up on the left side, you can see that in the rear view. Don't think the adjuster bolts will come out, so I'll probably break those off and put in new hardware too. After that, if it doesn't sell I will probably strip it and paint it. Its on the back burner for now, so price will depend on how much work I do before it gets sold LOL :D:D The price was good enough I drove 50 minutes each way to put it in the trunk of the car. ;)

Dan, is that 2 put together? or 1 bigger unit? looks like they could be pulled individualy... Nice find, be a good one to try on a plow day

quote:
Originally posted by GLPointon
Dan, is that 2 put together? or 1 bigger unit? looks like they could be pulled individualy... Nice find, be a good one to try on a plow day
Its called a double or 2 gang. They can be pulled separate, the only real difference is the Brinly type hitch on the front half, and the single flat bar hitch on the rear half Both parts can be found fairly often, but rarely do you find them still together. I already have 1 piece, but its been at my brothers so many years I can't remember if its a front or rear half. If this is still around in the spring, I might try pulling 3 just for fun. ;)

Nice find! Other then the channel iron your set-up looks very much like the Brinly I just picked up. Though I suppose there's not a hole lot of design change between the different brands.

I can see now that I have to turn one of mine around (sorry I'm still learning about this implement).

Craig, I think mine is just older than yours. brinly made them for a lot of Brands. I think the last time I looked at the website, they were up to something like 110 model variations overall. By the way, Brinly is run by a minority (female) last I knew...:D Their history is an interesting read.. http://www.brinly.com/history.html

• Who's Online (See full list)

• dhoadley
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts