Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Grader Hitch

bud119195

Does anyone have a small frame grader blade hitch(broadmoor and Yeoman)??? I want to fab one and need to know the length of the side arms and what size steel is used.Also a pic of a factory one would be nice. Thanks

This isn't dimensional, but ut give you some real good ideas. http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=heCyEN8cuH5rE3Cvh5kbp796Dq http://www.simpletractors.com/simplicity/New_in_1968/broadmoor_attachments.htm

Not to hijack, but if you guys were making your own belly blade, what would be the ideal dimensions of the blade itself? I'm thinking 48" x 8" by 1/2", but I appreciate your opinions and experiences? Dan

quote:
Originally posted by rfsmith1952
I would look at fabricating one from a front plow hitch reversed.
Dont have a plow hitch to reverse.All i got is the 2 piece hitches for my broadmoors and yeomans

quote:
Originally posted by bud119195
quote:
Originally posted by rfsmith1952
I would look at fabricating one from a front plow hitch reversed.
Dont have a plow hitch to reverse.All i got is the 2 piece hitches for my broadmoors and yeomans
That will give you at least one of your dimensions right there. Take your plow off the hitch and hook the hitch up reversed under the tractor. Is that possible? I have a small frame dozer and hitch, but never had the Broadmoor to hook it too sm00