Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
arnoldir

Vacuum Collector, I Need Help from a Dealer

sun41bird
Roger, Are you assuming, or do you know a PTO driven vac was available for the 6000 series..? As for ordering manuals from Simplicity, some of the personnel are very helpful, others seem like they will hang up if you don't give them a product number. To share a couple of tricks I've learned, I will call publications, give the tractor product number and ask what accessory manuals are available. Let them go through the whole list..! Or, I will talk with someone in the service department, find out what fits what, get the info and product number from them and then call publications.

arnoldir
To anyone who has crossrefrence info for 1980's Simplicity. I have: Tractor 1690688 Model 6216 Mower 1690708 42" Right Hand Discharge I need the Simplicity MFG #'s for the Deck Mount Turbo, and the Frame Mount Vacuum to mate to the above. I called Simplicity to order the parts manuals for these items to help try and locate either for my tractor, but they could not help without the MFG #'s. Any assistance is greatly appreciated

johnsup
Arnold, The mfr. # for the turbo is--1691260. The # for the frame mounted,engine driven blower is either---1690226 or 1690563, this info. is all according to Simplicity's own books....Good Luck!

arnoldir
Thanks John, I checked the numbers using the site search and the 1690226 is listed as having a 4HP engine, so the frame mount PTO driven must be the 1690563. Does anyone have either the Turbo or Frame Mount Vacuum installed on a tractor who could verify P/N's ???? Any dealers have either type of unit sitting around ??

B_WALLY_
Check out the link. It shouldn't take much to adapt this unit to a 6000 series.[A href='http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1256112525']http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1256112525[/a]