Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

TractorChicks B10 --Finished Restore Pics--Plowing

Steve72

Good day in the shop as I got started with the restore. Snowed this morning and I got to begin the day clearing the drive! Met MDB (Mike) this week as I traveled to his house to get a frame for the B10. Great guy and wow---so many nice tractors! It was great to see all the different types of AC's that many of you talk about! Learned more in a couple hours than I have all year! Thanks Mike!!

Out with the old cut up frame!!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steve72

• Talntedmrgreen

• BLT

• MysTiK

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've heard nothing but good things about Mike...it's great to be part of a community like this where you have the opportunity to help and be helped. I've had more face-to-face tractor talk in just the past couple months with guys here, than I have in my whole life. Good times! :D

yeh, really - what a great environment! sm01 Mine is a constant mess. I fear if I ever clean it up, I couldn't find anything. :D I was just thinking I needed a chair; but I never thought of a rocker. A chair is essential for quick relief and endurance, and staying with the work in progress. It's also executive privilege. sm03 On with the show, Steve; looks like there's no going back. sm01

Thanks guys! I have had many shops in my life---mostly with gravel floors. It was a big day just moving up to cement! It took my wife and I 2 years to build it. I always swore I'd have a shop that has wood floors--and they are truly a pleasure to work on. The shop--and hopefully the last one I ever build-- is small--but I can make about any cabinet I need as long as it's under 8'! (lenght I can rip on my saw) All the shop goodies help to get me off the couch when I really don;t want to work. Wondering if there is any particular painting scheme for the 1965 B10---yellow trans and black 16hp engine? Or should the engine be yellow too?

Nice shop Steve. Now I know you dont spray paint in there... or it would look like mine with a fine layer of (whatever color my last project was) paint on EVERYTHING. Looks good, keep it clean sm01 Good luck with the new project!

Beautiful looking shop Steve. Even if it is wrong as far as the oem look, I like black engines better. Is your daughter getting grease behind her fingure nails on "her" tractor?

Lookin' good, dad! He promised me that he would wait until I came up so we could put it back together and I could get a proper lesson on the insides of ol' Allis :) I keep asking if he is annoyed doing all this work for us and he ... doesn't seem too angry ... :D

quote:
Originally posted by Steve72
Thanks guys! I have had many shops in my life---mostly with gravel floors. It was a big day just moving up to cement! It took my wife and I 2 years to build it. I always swore I'd have a shop that has wood floors--and they are truly a pleasure to work on. The shop--and hopefully the last one I ever build-- is small--but I can make about any cabinet I need as long as it's under 8'! (lenght I can rip on my saw) All the shop goodies help to get me off the couch when I really don;t want to work. Wondering if there is any particular painting scheme for the 1965 B10---yellow trans and black 16hp engine? Or should the engine be yellow too?
What color are you painting my engine? ;)

quote:
Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen
quote:
Originally posted by TractorChic
What color are you painting my engine? ;)
Pink? sm02 Camo? 4i
Purple with pink polka dots? That'll really turn heads.he he:D:D

You could throw a pix of an original into a pix editor like(photo)shop it and try all kinds of colors or accents. I want to put some sky blue color on mine somewhere(?); but that's on ac.orange - I thought the dustcaps on the front wheels would be easy to do/or undo. A flash of color as an impression; not real noticeable; just a personal. I also want an old ac crest on front grille; mine only has a decal between the headlights. I've also thought about streamers and mudflaps and a flying swan hood ornament - actually, I scoff, but if I had one, I'd be trying it out. :D Original is cool with collectors; some are serious about that; but with a repower /upgrade, the door has been opened to poetic licence. (anybody got a swan?) 8)

I hear you Mystik---And now I (I mean Lyndsey) has a stepchild frame to boot! So now it's all about the cool features factor vs orginal condition. I got my my HB212 from the orginal owner and everything (mechanicals anyway--not the tool box and tires) is as bought and I absolutely love that about it. As GL noted---no overspray---but got nowhere else to paint now and it's cold outside--so I need to come up with temp spray booth to keep this project moving---rats. Lyndsey will have to pick the colors---yellow engine and trans vs black? Not sure about that...

Hmmmm, Yellow engine and tranny??? I see a few different responses to that. One,,,, "OOOhhhh, that's neat!! Kinda like the old B-1." Two,,,, "hey, that ain't right,, They started painting them black in 196?." Personally, I would kinda like to see all yellow. Retro style.:D:D I approve, no matter which decision is made.dOddOd

Tim; yellow engine and tranny would not be "retro" for that tractor. She has an early B10. All tractors up to and including the BIG TEN had yellow driveline. Dave.

Got a bit of work done yesterday along with a pushing a couple inches of snow that fell overnight. Here are a few shots taken through the day plus a couple shots of my "other" work shop where me and my buddy Mike repair plastic injection molds during the day. Mike and I built this shop a couple of years ago to repair and instruct classes mold maintenance. Also--- got to meet another club member---John Frank (JFrank) last Friday as I drove to his house to pick up a snowblower for the B10. John is a great guy with sweet looking tractors---and wife :D-- and a nice new shop he just built!! Thanks John!! My boy stands guard as my wife gets some eggs and delivers water!

Goats need water too!

Mike's (MDB) frame ready for blasting!

Is the white line the correct angle for my squashed fenders?

My other shop---stones are for classes on using precision measuring tools. Ultrasonic cleaner in background---does great removing paint and sludge---yes I know this is cheating :D

Getting ready to blast MDB's frame!! Love the PolyBlaster!

More shop shots---all benches have power, air and water and a couple of big screens to boot!

A B10 pile of parts(here's your tractor Lyndsey!)ready for the sandblaster!!

More to come!!