Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

TractorChicks B10 --Finished Restore Pics--Plowing

Steve72

There is hitch setup for Simplicity. That what you see in my plow setup pic. http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=heCyEN8aqI6rE3Cvh5kbp796Dq You might need a sleeve hitch. There isn't enough in your picture to see your hitch attangement.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steve72

• Talntedmrgreen

• BLT

• MysTiK

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great shots!! Lyndz will see these and adjust as necessary to level the plow to the ground--but leave it pointed down a scosh to keep from riding up. Nice! Thanks! Lyndz--take a couple of shots (to post) of the plow in the ground if it still won't work after you make the adjustments.

The tractor restoration is beautiful. I was just thinking however, that most of the time when I hear people talk about plowing with a little garden tractor, they usually don't have much luck with it. Either ground speed is too low to turn the soil properly or something like an axle on the tractor breaks or some other problem crops up. My personal feeling is that a person really needs a tiller attachment to work the soil. I have two Sovereigns and I think I would take a tiller long before a plow even for them. I'll probably catch heck from some members, but that's just been my observations (from a person who's plowed a lot of ground, but never with a garden tractor). I think if you want to plow, you need something more like this!:D

Thanks Dan! I think to plow with the smaller tractors everything needs to be set up perfectly since the weight is not there to overcome any set-up issues and to roll the sod over. I'll know better soon. Nice tractor/plow and bet you don't have problems with that set-up!

I've always been real impressed in the ground breaking these little machines will do. I jumped into with without a clue, and homemade hitching, and had a ball with no real issues. Now I have a nice AC plow, OEM hitch and am looking forward to some serious results! Steve, I think once you get her setup, you'll be standing back and grinning...BIG!dOd

Hey Steve, I've been missing the forums & I just saw the B10 for the first time since completed...WOW, Very nice job...the paint choices are right on target & I love that 16hp beast under the hood dOd

Thanks Greg! I wondered where you've been! It's kinda strange---when I first joined this site I got used to seeing alot of the same guys---now a year later there seems to be a new group that I don't recognize or feel like I know as well---but that is probaly par for the course with sites like this--new blood all the time!! Glad youre still here!