Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Help with paint

phillobbezoo

Im getting close to being ready for paint. I'm painting my new powermax the 4040 with loader. My question is are simplicity orange and whites the same color. I know John u or midnight pumpkin did his 4040 and it looks great any help would be appreciated. Thanks again Phil

there was pics of it on here awhile back in another post when i get it all done ill get some on. Tried posting pics of my 9020 this past summer but couldn't figure it out I'll have to get me niece to help me figure it when i'm done but progress is slow do to out of the ordinary work load we have. I figured with winter being our slow season would have plenty of time to work on it but who would have thought 13 basements to dig in January and 8 in February. Guess its hopefully a sign of things improving. Any way any help with the paint question would be appreciated

Phil, The Orange color on the Simplicities is a little more red than the AC orange. On both my 4040 and 4041 I used AC Orange knowing that it is not an exact match to the orginal. Tractor Supply sells AC Orange in quarts that is an exact match to Rustoleum AC Orange in spray cans. I used both paints interchangeably. Stay away from the Valspar AC Orange spray cans at Tractor Supply, it is terrible! On the 4040 with the loader, I used Rustoleum Antique White on the "white" parts. On the 4041, I used Rustoleum Canvas White. I prefer the Canvas White, but it is harder to find where I live. Menards carries all the Rustoleum colors, thier nearest store is 90 miles from me. Here is a shot of both tractors and a 7013 with the original Simplicity Orange. The 7013 hood is Canvas White. You can see the 4040 hood is a little more on the almond side than the other two hoods.

John U