Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
HerbP

$100 B112 ?

HerbP
Someone near me is selling a B112 with snowblower attachment for $100 .. .Is this a 'must-have'? Says it "ran when I put it away"... which means "doesn't run now" I think.... It's a 2.5 hour drive from here. I don't know that I need another hobby tractor... Would I be crazy to pass this one by?

JimDk
YES,YES and YES. The hydraulic lift is worth the trip. The blower is the old 3 belt type, not usually not worth much. The rest of the unit looks to be in usable condition. Don't let the scrapman have it. Just my .02c.

rokon2813
The 3 belt blower isn't worth much, not very desirable, but the Hydro lift is worth 250 to 400 alone on ebay. Plus decent chrome, original headlight brackets, the tin even looks pretty straight... You haven't left yet??:D:D

MysTiK
I see various parts worth $100 EACH. so you can't lose. never mind running or not - you need to get running b4 somebody else scoops it. I bet you already contacted him. Problem is he has to hold it for you while you drive. Assuming that, have a nice safe drive. Strange to pose a tractor with a hood on such an angle, and rope around the headlights. I think the guy hates it.

HerbP
sigh. It was too good to be true. The seller got back to me and said it was sold, sight unseen to another party and he would let me know if for any reason the sale fell through... It would have cost me a whole lot more in missed-work if I'd have had to take the day off to drive down there.... I guess it wasn't to be. Sorry for wasting everyone's time.

GLPointon
In the future...almost any of these tractors are worth $100 if complete and any extras like HydroLift, Headlights, Rear lift, Pto's, Attachments, etc. only make the deal better. When in doubt....buy! sm01

ReedS
Yup! Worth $100 all day long! That's about all I like to pay for a non-runner unless it's special. As noted the hydro-lift is a very desirable option though headlight sets easily fetch $1-200 depending on condition. Sadly they are worth more in parts than they are whole!

HerbP
I heard back from the seller, and the sale is finalized to the first inquirer. Apparently it was already spoken for before I had even seen the ad... Some people wake up earlier than I do I suppose... Turns out I couldn't even get my dad to go down there to pick it up for me anyway. He chose today of all days to rebuild the brakes on his trailer so it's sitting in his shop with all 4 wheels off...