Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Buickgsman

What model is the 243431

Buickgsman
Does anyone know what model the 243431 Briggs 10hp engine is? I am trying to find the exhaust valve part # and the old book has a list but it shows only letters and some 1 and 2 digit #s as model choices. Any ideas? Thanks Bob

RayS
243400 is the number that you want to type in the box on the Briggs manual site or even 243431 plus the type number. It is available as a free download. I can send you copy if you send your email address in a private message.

BLT
quote:
Originally posted by Buickgsman
Does anyone know what model the 243431 Briggs 10hp engine is? I am trying to find the exhaust valve part # and the old book has a list but it shows only letters and some 1 and 2 digit #s as model choices. Any ideas? Thanks Bob
The last alpha numeric engine number was 23D and some alpha numeric 23D-XXX models for variations of build. After that Briggs migrated everything to six digit model identifiers for the cast iron line. The aluminium line had already been converted to numeric by maybe a couple of years.