Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

What model is the 243431

Buickgsman

Does anyone know what model the 243431 Briggs 10hp engine is? I am trying to find the exhaust valve part # and the old book has a list but it shows only letters and some 1 and 2 digit #s as model choices. Any ideas? Thanks Bob

243400 is the number that you want to type in the box on the Briggs manual site or even 243431 plus the type number. It is available as a free download. I can send you copy if you send your email address in a private message.

quote:
Originally posted by Buickgsman
Does anyone know what model the 243431 Briggs 10hp engine is? I am trying to find the exhaust valve part # and the old book has a list but it shows only letters and some 1 and 2 digit #s as model choices. Any ideas? Thanks Bob
The last alpha numeric engine number was 23D and some alpha numeric 23D-XXX models for variations of build. After that Briggs migrated everything to six digit model identifiers for the cast iron line. The aluminium line had already been converted to numeric by maybe a couple of years.