Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
LesH

Simplicity 6116

LesH
I bought a Simplicity 6116 garden tractor- It has the twin cylinder 16 HP Briggs motor. I noticed a foam strip on top of the motor housing. Does anyone know if there is supposed to be an air diverter or duct above the engine for cooling??? It looks like there might have been something, if someone could open their hood and maybe post a photo it would sure help. Thanks, Les

arnoldir
Hello Les, The foam strip seals against the hood to force the fan to draw fresh air from above the hood rather than around the engine. I have a 6216 and it had the same foam, its gone now but I have not had trouble with over heating. Any chance you have a collection system on yours, I'm looking for one and need to verify P/N's.