Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

not an AC, but still fun! paid for my AC..

greasemonkey

this is a pic of my last resto job, i know its not an allis, but it funded my latest allis, so i hope this is ok here...proud of how it turned out, onlt to sell it a month later for my latest toy...

no, super major, the hood decal reads, "FORD 5000 Diesel", the last 2 years of production of these tractors, that were for export to US/CAN, were painted north american colours, ie, light grey tin, and light blue chassis!, not the typical dark blue everything, and orange wheels!

loved it, but with the allis 720, and its loader, i was better off! and easier to drive being hydro and all! i put factory power steering on it during the resto, and rebushed the spindle towers, bought new headlights, the decals. looked real nice up close! sad to see it go, but i hadn't run it in 2 years, so it was pointless keeping it, what with my buying the allis and using it for litterally everything! it was pretty much the colour of rust when i started, the colours are very, very close to oem, so yes, it looked sharp! glad you like it! going to be restoring 3 of the allis 720 units this year, 2 original, 1 basket case, which is going to be fulltime commited to loader duty, and i've decided to restore it as my own version of a wards twin 20! have Nate and vintage retro designing a set of decals right now that resemble his "system 9020" complete kit, only with the wards lettering and blue instead of allis orange! i have no guilts about this, as the tractor is an allis, but no where near complete, having to make alot of pieces up as i go, my br-in-law has an allis, with a simplicity hood, stickered allis 720! so im trading him my allsi tin, for his simplicty tin, and making a twin 20! onle i think i like the blue i used on this fordson, rather than the blue i find in pics! we'll see!