Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC 919

RayS

Picked up a AC919 with a 20hp Command (CH20 64512). Plan on putting motor in a Sovereign 18. After I work out some carb issues. Tractor has sat for 3 years in a barn.

More than likely not. The frame is a hacked up mess and there was no reason to do so. The Command will fit in a 917, 919, 7117 & 7119 frame with out modifications. The hood and seat pan are excellent for their age. I will keep some parts and part out the rest. I have enough parts to build three or four, 900 series tractors.

I just noticed the frame cut by the exhaust pipe? I hate to see a hacked frame when it can be avoided. Is the hydrostat/hydro lift good? If you part it out I may be interested in a few things for my upcoming project...(I need a seat base w/springs, steering wheel and some metal, etc.)

Nice machine! What's the market rate on one of those Command's if a guy was shopping? I'm clueless on that newer stuff.

Hello, If your searching for a command WATCH out for vertical shafts!! I drove 80 miles only to find out it was a vertical shaft! Some of the commands I found were beat or repaired and you never know what you'll get Ken in Mi

Most of the one's on craigslist that I have seen or contacted the owner on, they would start them. If they will start them you can do a compression test on them as well. I wouldn't buy one off of a zero turn and I would be cautious of one from a concrete saw and more than likely wouldn't buy it either. The dipstick tube and crankshaft run parallel with each other on a vertical shaft engine.

Hmmm...I'd like a decent option for a conversion in my EZGO cart. Looking for torque, and read that the rear ends will not bulk until you get in the 30+ hp range. I've seen the 16-18 Vangaurds go reletively cheap, even new. I have a lot of room to play with fitting one it, and would like longevity depite high hours and lots of low end driving. Just curious...thanks for the info. My current 9hp Robbins is starting to tire, and I'm using the cart more and more each year.

All your current engines lack in low end torque as they are all of over square design where the bore is bigger then the stroke and they lack the lugging capability that the cast irons have. With the bigger HP engine you might overcome that depending what rpm you are going to run it. When you get on the backside of a torque curve, you have lost the lugging battle. What kind of powertrain is in the EZ?

Took the top off of the carb and cleaned out the inside and it runs like a top. No smoke either. The float was stuck open. Problems solved. Just need a gasket between the air cleaner assembly and top of carb. Then I am going to install the motor in this.

Ray, Glad to hear the carb problem was an easy fix. What's wrong with the Command in the late model Sovereign? Or just going for the 2 more horses?

It has a broken rod. I bought everything from the BGB forward (except the motor). It was being parted out by a friend of mine.