Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Zach

3416H Headlight bulbs

RayS
Place a ad in the classifieds, watch ebay or craigslist. Try to find a parts tractor cheap. Check with club member Craig in Ohio. I have some that are similar to original but the face is different. They seem to put out more light. I have three of them. If you are interested I rather discuss through a PM or email. I have a post about them 5 or 6 years ago in Tech Tip & Articles. Rod and others have replaced them with different bulbs as well that are easily obtainable.

RickS
Zach, Ray's suggestions are your best bet if you want a stock look. That said I had no trouble matching the bulb base with a standard automotive bulb. Granted this was just the bulb with no reflector behind it so a lot of light was lost. If you go this route I would strongly suggest building a reflector to go behind the bulb. Worked great for a quick fix. Blowing an eight hundred foot driveway in the dark is no fun. Rick........

RedbarnRick
I know this was discussed before(lots) but the sealed beam incandescent bulbs are NLA from Simplicity or Wagner, you can search Ebay for a chance at getting an original($) or you can do a web search for a 12 volt halogen BA15D bayonet base bulb there are hundreds to choose from, keep the wattage low I think the originals were 22 watts or less, these have a built in reflector and glass lens, the diameter needs to be the same as the original which was 1 1/4 if I remember correctly, the ones I bought are direct replacements for the original with smooth glass instead of dimpled glass lens.

Sign in to follow this