Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Mike-GA

CAT 0 3 Point

Mike-GA
Has anyone ever tried to modify a Cat 0 3 point implement to pull behind a B10? I am thinking of using a pinestraw rake behind my B10. It only weighs 50#s so the weight should not be an issue. My thoughts were to use the lift for the top link and fabing brackets for the frame. Would this be a problem with any side movement or pull? I know they make rakes that can be pulled but I would like to be able to lift the rake to back into beds and planters.

dav
i used a disc harrow from a sears suburban tractor which had a cat O hitch, at least that's what i think it was. anyway, i welded two flat bars to it to attach at the bottom of the rear hitch. then i welded a length of chain to the top to go to a 1 inch rod in the sleeve part of my Big Ten hitch. did the job but as soon as i aquired an original Simplicity disc i retired, and sold, the sears disc. did basically the same thing to a brinley bottom plow that came with that same suburban. also worked well. in both cases, i kept in mind that i would want to return the implement to original condition at some point in time (i was hoping to restore the sears) so i didn't hack up anything, just added to it.