Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snow in NE Ohio

midnightpumpkin

We finally got a decent amount of snow in NE Ohio this morning. The grandson's came down to try out their new pusher box they built for the loader on Ugly Betty. It works very well, now I just need to get the power steeing installed on that tractor. The box was all the boy's doing. They used the frame for the forks as a base and designed the box to hook on. Here is John on the tractor with Jim checking it out.

Here he has a pretty good push going.

Here is Jim on Gertrude doing the neighbor's drive across the street.

It is continuing to snow with about 7-8 inches on the ground. The lake Erie snow machine has finally cranked up. The lake temp was 36 degrees yesterday, perfect conditions with the cold air coming down from the North. We are about 5 miles inland from the lake and about 600 feet higher in elevation. Bring it on, Granpa may get a turn on the tractors before the day is out! John U

John looks like you you can clean up that mess easy with them machines. To boot there some nice looking tractors too. All I am happy to say is sure glad the snow went to your side of ohio and not the NW part we only got a very lite dusting of it . All I can say is I got lucky again LOL. Keep up the good work . And thanks for the pictures

Hey John! That box looks like a nice piece of work ... Did you detail that job on here somewhere, with pictures? I went out and fired up old reliable last night, just to make sure she was ready to go. Got up this morning and didn't even bother getting her out. Only a couple of inches and light stuff at that. I know lots of folks around here are glad for the lack of snow, but honestly, I want to get out there and plow!!!

That's where it went. Around here yesterday we were getting "Breaking news - The sky is falling" which amounted to another 2-3 inches of Gold Medal flour. I said wait till morning and when I looked out the window this morning, the overnight winds must have taken that flour and pushed it a more southeasterly direction. More time with the Toro snow pup.

Great project, and some fun family seat time! We got about 5" here....which strangely suprassed the weather wizards predictions.

John V This was something my grandson's did completely on thier own. A couple of weeks ago they came down and borrowed the loader fork set up that replaces the bucket on the ARK 600. They used a 5' pc of an old metal workbench for the blade and welded some brackets so it would attach to the frame for the forks. They used angle iron to make the corners of the box and welded skids on the bottom of the sides and put in some tubing to brace the sides. There is only about a 2 inch lip on the bottom that would constitute a cutting edge. I was impressed with how well it works. I will post some detailed pictures when the ice melts off of it sometime next week. John U

Thanks for the photos, I am soon to be living is Ohio, from UK, yet to push or blow snow, sooooooooooooooooooo looking forward to it

John those pictures are great----but not so fond memories of that lake effect----we moved from Madison Twp(just south of North ridge) three years ago to Central OH. Same storm---- we got one half inch. But onPresident's day weekend I had to go up to the old hse and clear the drive----that one snowfall was appx 20 inches in that small 5 mi band due east of the nuke plant--about 4 in in Eastlake. House has just now sold so no more trips based on lake effect. BUT Sure wish I still had the big equipment--those pictures actually make the task fun. Those are great tractors and you should be real proud of those boys!!!!!