Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

PTO Question

RUMBLEFISH

Well once again my inexperience has kicked me in the but. My problem is this. I bought a pto off of a member for my B212 and it came with the duel belt pulley. No problem I'll just switch out the pulley from and early B series PTO I have laying around. Ah no that is a different size shaft so shame on me. Then I noticed that my B212 doesn't even have a pulley from the BGB to run one anyway. I know lots of people have converted the dual belt pto from deck to single so does anyone have a pulley that would fit the pto or a part number. And anyone give me a hint on how to locate the pulley from the BGB to run the PTO. I don't see them listed on any of the regular sites. Could I take them down to a good Napa store and see if they would be able to match them up or is that just dreaming. Help Please. Rick

If someone can help with diameter. I am sure I have it. The one that runs the tiller is 5" diameter and the one that runs the mower deck is a little smaller. I believe 4.5" or 4.75" diameter.

I just saw this recent post on Joes Outdoor Power. I have the B212 so would this be the pulley I would use off the BGB to run the deck pto? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Simplicity-3212V-Tractor-Bevel-Gear-Box-Pulley-/190590027542?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c600d0716

Do you mount both pulleys? the mower to the inside & the tiller drive pulley to the outside?
quote:
Originally posted by RayS
If someone can help with diameter. I am sure I have it. The one that runs the tiller is 5" diameter and the one that runs the mower deck is a little smaller. I believe 4.5" or 4.75" diameter.