Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

leeave96

Need Some Quick Help

leeave96
I'm going out in a few hours to pick-up an Agco versign of the Simplicity Sovereign - a late 90's tractor. I am pretty sure it has the Triad engine going in. Somehow I got to roll this thing up on my trailer - won't run. I don't own one of these tractors, so I need to know if/how you can/should roll these tractors. Is there a hydro release somewhere? The tractor comes with a 42 inch deck. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks! Bill

BLT
Download this manual and go to page nine of the book. It describes the procedure. http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=jgEAGP_dqH4tG_EPl7mRgtLvBCd6

OrangeMetalGuy
There is a hydro release but you want to push the tractor as short a distance as possible. Up ramps to a trailer is fine but I would not go over 50 feet total. Without engine power you will force the pump to spin while dry. Ideally, put dollies inder the rear wheels until you get it where you will be working on it.

leeave96
Thanks everybody again. I picked-up the tractor, $200 for it and the 42 inch deck. The tractor looks complete, but has seen some weather as the paint is fadded and the seat is warn. The deck has seen some pasture duty and is a little banged-up, but that looks like a pretty easy enough fix. The forward most belt pully coming off the PTO is bent where the tractor was picked-up with a front loader and the weight of the tractor fell on that pulley. Sheet metal is in great shape, no dents. The decals on the side are gone, but no repainted surfaces. I'll post some pics and start a new thread tomorrow. Thanks! Bill