Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

another tractor

tacomac

$200.00 bought me a Allis T816 varishift,complete with 42"blower,54"mowing deck and a soft cab. Everything looks to be in great shape but it hasn't run in 5 years.How do i Download a manual for this tractor? I don't have any tractors like this one the rest of mine are 900 series and a couple 725s. thanks for everones help this site is amazing, as are the old tractors that keep following me home. Mac

Thats a great buy with the attachments. The mower deck is probably a 48" as Simplicity didn't make a 54" until many years later. In order to get a manual you will need your manufacturer number. I believe it should be on a silver tag on the left or right side of the frame above the running board, it will start with the number "169." You can then plug that number into the manual search box on our club homepage and it will link you to manuals on the Simplicity website.

1690688 - 6216 - 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984 = 1690692 = T-816 =16HP Tractor goto X-REF page (cross reference) HERE: http://www.simpletractors.com/X-reference/s_ac_pg7.htm Look about 1/3 down the page to see the numbers I copied at top. Your tractor is equivalent to a Simp 6216. That shows a theoretical "MFR" manufacturer's number = 1690692 = . Plug that number into the box at left to goto briggs download MANUAL. Somewhere on tractor should be a label with EXACT MFR number - but the above info will be close, at least. All MFR's, start with 169xxxx. The xREF tables are handy for i.d. all kinds of stuff - but it's only available as a "read it yourself search" - not automated. The "simpletractors" site has tons of amazing info. Hope that helps.

hmmm - briggs Manual site is spitting "error" messages right now???? yes, like BLT said, the link is working for the simplicity equivalent MFR number, (6200's) but errors out on the AC MFR number. o well, same thing usually, esp. if the engines are identical. Good news is they have Ops and Parts Manuals for entire series of tractors, and that should cover the "varidrive" you mentioned as well.

Thanks to all for all the help. The farmer I bought it from said he bought it from a Golf course and they used it to mow the greens. the deck is 54" according to my ruler, the paint is barely wore off of the deck and golf is not very popular here in the winter so the snowblower was used very little. The farmer said the mower was to small for his mowing needs so he just left on the snowblower and the cab, but he had big tractors to plow snow with so he didn't use it much. I cant wait to get out today and start working on it. thanks again Mac

your right Ray, it is 48". The shute extends out farther then my other 48" decks so it looks much larger and it is adjusted very low for mowing greens.

I put a battery in the tractor, the old one was put in, in 2000. A little starting fluid and it started right up, but of course it won't keep running. The briggs carb. looks quite different then the kohler 17 I,m used to cleaning. Can I just take it off and clean it with carb cleaner as I do the kohlers and expect it to run? Mac

quote:
Originally posted by tacomac
I put a battery in the tractor, the old one was put in, in 2000. A little starting fluid and it started right up, but of course it won't keep running. The briggs carb. looks quite different then the kohler 17 I,m used to cleaning. Can I just take it off and clean it with carb cleaner as I do the kohlers and expect it to run? Mac
One way to find out....

I pulled it apart,the throttle valve is stuck tight so I ordered a rebuild kit from Pats small engine repair. The fuel pump is mounted on the side of the carburater so I ordered a fuel pump kit also. Mac