Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tiller set up?

Tarheel

I have a 7117, and I have a 32 inch tiller. But I have never seen one set up. I have no idea if this thing needs a single belt or pulleys etc. Any info would be a great help and Pics would be wonderful ! Thanks

I believe the 32" tiller is for the small frame tractors. The large frame takes the 36" and 38" HD tillers. But I could be incorrect. You will need a rear lift assembly on the tractor, and you will need an idler pulley assembly just in front of the trans filter on the tractor, if you have a side mounted hydro filter. The tiller will need a "mule drive" / idler pulley assembly also, that mounts on the rear of the tractor and routes the belt to the large driven pulley on the tiller. This is true of the 36" tiller, and I would assume the same on the 32", if that tiller fits the large frame. I believe the routing is different for the 38" tiller and this assembly is not required. If you have all of this stuff, and if your 32" tiller fits, you are good to go. If not, the hunt for stuff to complete the package begins....... Either way, good luck with all of it!

If the tiller mounts on your tractor, it is probably a FDT tiller and will run way to fast with the correct belt setup for a 7100 series tractor. The FDT "Mule Drive" had a reduction pulley which the later tillers didn't use. The later tillers have additional reduction in the tiller its self. The first picture shows the "Mule Drive" for FDT's and the last two show the correct setup for an RBT tractor. Pictures. Pictures, Pictures!! :D:D:D

There was a 30" tiller for the Broadmoor FDT.

There also is a 30" tiller for the FDT. And in support of Larry's comment, it too isn't what you need.

Check out this post. I asked the same question about a 32 inch tiller a while back. Turns out there is at least one in use on a RBT. I plan to set up the 32 inch tiller that I have on an RBT. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=116795

I guess that has been this tiller's trouble all along. I got it from a man who ran in on an AC 916 No mule drive, Just the idlers. The tines are getting thin though said to be pretty new And he had trouble with it breaking chains (it is broken now). I have one running FDT but no gear reduction. Guess I need to start looking. Thanks again everyone for the info and pics !