Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

pwood1224

Allis 816 t

pwood1224
Hi, all. I just got an Allis 816 tthat was in a partial fire. Not bad just melted some of the palstic on the engine and seat. What I need to know is what type of hydro transmission does it have? I can not find any type of manufacturer name on it.

BLT
No that is the AC tractor product number, a black and silver or white lettering on a black back ground about the size of a calling card. Transmission info might be there but you might have to remove transmission to find it.

pwood1224
great, I will look for that but that may have been loss in the fire. It has a twin cyclinder B&S. I also have a a Allis 611 but I need the front for it. Any ideas on where I couls possibly get one?

MysTiK
http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=120297 The above link is to a similar thread - I am linking you to that thread simply for the info it has for a similar request for a MANUAL for your tractor. I am guessing the fire maybe burned up the original label on the tractor. So finding the MFR # on the label might be difficult - but it usually starts with 169xxxx. The manual should accurately describe and illustrate your tractor and help with lots of stuff. Welcome aboard. There's lot of info here. Just ask for what you need. Having a manual is a valuable reference. The 816 is identical to a Simplicity 6216 - the manual download for the actual 816 manual is apparently not available. Anyway, check that out and report back here if it works for you. We all went through our initial learning process. Most of us are still learning more and more. That's the power of this group of people who are all interested in Simp and AC tractors. Someone else might know more than I do about details on your trans, or other things also.

BLT
If it is an Eaton 850 here is where you find the information. I have a manual on it. Surprised me.
[img]/club2/attach/BLT/Eaton 850 manual.jpg[/img]
You can get product numbers by looking up the cross reference information on the home page. If you cant find an A-C manual but shows a Simplicity number adjacent to it, it is the same construction part for part but different paint scheme.