Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
bigbear

Orgnge paint for 1948 simplicity Model D

bigbear
New to the site and simply amazed by the amount of interest in antique tractors. I'm in the process of restoring/freshening a 1948 Simplicy Model D Walk behind,in the family over 50 years, cultivator, plow, disc, sickle bar, Blade, together with 1956 Model VA. I been on several sites and found a reference to the orange paint but forgot to write it down and can' find it again. Could sure use some help in finding a paint to match as close as possible to the original colour. Thanks Bigbear Alberta, Canada

Talntedmrgreen
Welcome! Not to shy you away from asking your question here, I'm sure someone will chime in with info...(in fact, if I were you, I'd stick around for some great info and friendly banter!), but there is a group completely dedicated to Simplicity Walk Behind tractors over in Yahoo Groups. I recently joined and have been thrilled with the info they have over there. Here's a link...you have to request to join, then you can hop in and share in their resources. [url]http://groups.yahoo.com/group/simplicitywalkingtractors/[/url]

MysTiK
If you want exact original orange, I really don't know. 8) But someone w a AC 700-series (late 70's tractor) used spraycan Krylon Chevy Red-Orange Engine Enamel - it's not perfect either; but it's close, looks good, and is readily available locally, and cheap. It depends how picky w the resto you are doing. :D Sounds like a nice rig w all those attachments. dOd