Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

More junk follows me home

ridgerunner

I went to look a an old 1955 International R-190 wrecker to use as a yard truck, here at my place. While I was there the old guy asks if I was interested in a tractor he had sitting behind the barn. I wasn't, but decided to take a look anyways. I told him that I don't need another tractor, but ask "how much" anyways. He said $300, and I replied sold. I have no idea what I'll do with it yet, but the price was right. It's a 1954 Oliver 66 Row-Crop. Don't ya just love it when you buy something, that your not even looking for. :O

Looks like it has pretty good rubber! Engine stuck? I haven't seen too many that cheap, but I am amazed at how reasonable tractors of that size and vintage go for. They are cheaper than these old garden tractors at times and often in descent shape and running to boot!

Good deal, Looks like you got your moneys worth in rubber alone. Keep us posted on what you learn about the tractor and what happened with the International wrecker ?

Are the fenders factory? not original equipment for sure like Olivers, we had 88's 55's a 66 a 77 and Ihink a 60

Sweet! Lots of Olivers in our country when I was growing up b/c a good dealer in town. Always liked to hear the governor work on those engines.

Sweet! Tires are worth more than that. Some people have all the Luck. Wish I was that lucky!They are a sweet running tractor.

sweet. Im an oliver guy. Hart-Parr was long out of the picture when the fleetline series came out. (thats what that one is). The Waukesha engine in those things are bullet proof. As long as you keep them maintained the will run as smooth as ever lol. Awesome score

quote:
Originally posted by Tarheel
what happened with the International wrecker ?
I bought the wrecker also. (it's been sitting, parked and unused for about three years now) It's not a show queen, but it's in pretty good shape for a 57 year old work truck. I didn't get the International as cheep as the Oliver, but I got a good deal on it none the less. I'll go and get and bring it home in the spring, when I take my dually out of winter storage. He used the Oliver to plow his driveway in the winter, and the international to stack cars four-high on a flat bed trailer, when he was into scraping cars. He also said he used the International to set the trusses on his barn when he built it. (the barn has a 14' high ceiling)

The rear tires are worth the price yell...Thats a heck of a snow blade. Looks like it was made from a big propane tank maybe?? Good Deal, congrats

• 3 weeks later...
quote:
Originally posted by Tarheel
Still looking for pics of the wrecker !
Ask, and you shall receive. I was just over there this week, picking up the title for it. She's not much of a looker, but remember, it is 57 years old. Runs and drives (brakes are iffy B) tires are good, monster size PTO driven winch and a long reach boom, stainless steel exhaust and stainless fuel tank. The truck is a perfect yard truck for me. New, it was a county owned wrecker for school busses. Originally it had a shorter boom, with a bumper sling on it, to tow the broken down busses back to the service garage. The guy that I got it from bought it through an auction back in the early 70's and had since installed the longer boom, to do the work that he required of it. Said it served him well over all the years. I figured I'll give it a shot at another life too. I hate to see a good machine sold off for scrap.

I'll get better picturs, when I bring it home.

My bad....just looked at the title before I threw it in the safe. Turns out, it's a 1952 International Harvester R-190. So the trucks a little older that I thought, it's 60 years old.

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder cause thats a good looking truck IMO. Looking forward to your getting it home so I get more pics and running gear info ! Thanks for posting.