Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
larry8200

Threw some junk together this week...

larry8200
Got everything from the junk pile, which I have started calling "Death Row" :( And have parts from a B10, Landlord, 3212H, 7010-6 and T-16S and 3 different club members. I robbed the battery from my B-207E. I kind of like the old Landlord seat on it. A little paint on the hood and rims and this is going to be a winner. I'm likeing it! I have power lift, rear lift and front PTO to put on it yet. I didn't have a Sovereign 6 speed, but now I do!!

larry8200
Yeh, I have 18 running tractors in my front yard today, thats a lot of friggin battery's! The engine came out of my mostly complete but very rough T-16S, and S/G and other parts from my project 3212H putting them on death row. But now I have a complete Vickers rear end, hydrolift and 12hp engine on the shelf and a bunch of other good parts... :D Hated to kill them but I have a running T-16H and a beautifull original 3212H that has all the original options

Edit: A friend just christened the Homie "The Rat Rod" and I think its going to stick! :D

Tarheel
Nice save and a good looking tractor too ! Your like me on batteries. I only have 5 machines that use lawn and garden batteries but then I have 2 4x4 Nissans, an 80 and 86. Both 720s and King cabs (was 3 till I sold the 83 last week) one 2001 Nissan Frontier 2wd, a 95 Pontiac Grand Am, a 2004 Impalla, 3 batteries in the boat, one Farmall H, a Hobart Wisconsin engine DC welder. No matter how hard I try, there always seems to be at least one something with a dead battery at any given time..LOL

SmilinSam
I need to buy 4 new batterys this spring to get all 9 of my machines runnin again. Not looking forward to that, or the oil for all the oil changes......or all the airfilters that are due for replacement this yearXX(

larry8200
quote:
Originally posted by SmilinSam
I need to buy 4 new batterys this spring to get all 9 of my machines runnin again. Not looking forward to that, or the oil for all the oil changes......or all the airfilters that are due for replacement this yearXX(
Well I'm lucky, I only need two new battery's, I use Exide 51R's and I get a deal at $65 w/core. Most have the cleanable reusable foam filters. I buy oil and fuel filters by the case. The worst is dealing with all the used oil. My 3315V has a ancient oil bath air cleaner and is very interesting crossing slopes sometimes! WOW, wish I had a picture!

timflury
quote:
Originally posted by Nuzzy
I wonder if you could daisy chain all the tractor batteries together in a line and use just one trickle charger... :D
Yes you can. However, I would use a larger, say 10 amp battery charger. I would start with just two batteries and add them one by one as to not overload the charger. Once everything is fully charged, a smaller trickle charger should maintain everything.

BLT
You can add as many batteries as you want, I have had six in a bunch with my 6 amp Sears of all things. It is like filling buckets of different sizes with water, the smallest gets filled first then the next size and so on 'til the ammeter settles next to zero, . If it doesn't settle next to zero you have an ailing battery and will have to be found.

Sign in to follow this