Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
lampoulos

Got a belly blade under my 6212.5!

lampoulos
I wrapped up on figuring out how to hook a belly blade under my 6212.5 and had to share with you guys. I took it out cleaning up the ice from the edges of the sidewalks. The maiden voyage was a success, though I'm definately going to have to beef up the front end if I decide to do heavier work with it. It's a good excuse for some seat time, and it was a bit of fun. Imagine my surprise when I found out that it bolted up perfectly to the front blade mount when I turned it around! It's like it was meant for this tractor.

I even decided to flip the wheel weights arond to the inside and found that I like it a lot better. Now I just need to paint up the old wheels to make the old girl look as good as she runs.

steve-wis
Looks nice! My Allis 810GT is basically the same tractor and I am thinking of doing the same thing. If you have close-up pics of the hitch and hook up I would appreciate them! Very nice job! Steve

lampoulos
I realized that just mounting the grader to the rear of the front hitch itself positioned it too high. This is true for two reasons, it interfered with the pto drive pulley coming off the engine and it created too much of an upward angle making the blade lift itself off the ground when pivoted in either direction. So, realizing the front push blade would fall under the same science I turned it's mount backwards and mounted it to the tractor and laid the grader blade loosely inside it. Sure enough, it laid perfectly level. All I had to do was add a couple holes to the mount (which I'm going to have to come back to later to gussett to make a stronger pivot point) and it mounted up perfectly. The other thing I'm thinking about is making a stronger pivot point/mount between the front axle and the frame if I'm going to do any bigger jobs. Here's a couple pics of the mount.

Sign in to follow this