Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Using 2 implements on a B ser.(prev. msg id 4392)

JohnSw

I am still thinking about this since my B-210 is apart and being worked on. How exactly does a right side lift lever work. Obviously the hole lift shaft moves with the power lift or a left hand lift so does the right hand lift just pivot on the right side end of the lift shaft ? I looked at the pictures but am still thinking about it because I have what I believe is a right hand lift lever ( newer ) that might work ? Does it basically use the lift shaft just as a pivot point ? Is that why the right side of the shaft has a hole in it ? inside of that hole are there threads ? If you have the right hand lift lever does that mean you lose the option of having the power down from the power lift ? Any pro's and con's ? Thanks for any help, Al

Alan, I'm not sure about all tractors, but I think at least on some the right hand lift lever was completely independant of the left lift lever and cross shaft. The right lift lever used a separate quadrant and handle.

Al, You've about got it figured out. The hole in the end of the shaft is threaded, and the bolt that goes in there becomes the pivot point for the new lever. You can still use the inside lift arm any way you'd like, front or center, and still apply whatever down pressure you want. The outside one (right) would be used to control either a front or center attachment -- the left one must control your rear attachment, since the rear lift is connected throught the frame tunnel. The right lever itself seems pretty straight forward. The tricky part is the quadrant that mounts to the frame that has the "stops" on it. The one I just found only has three stops -- one on each end, and one at what I assume would be at ground level for a front attachment (no down pressure). In comparison, a left lift lever has several stops, or holes to adjust your stops -- the right one doesn't... Kent

Kent, Do all the right lift levers pivot on the cross bar..? If so, I just learned something. From pictures in the parts book, I thought the pivot point was independant on some.

Kent, Thanks for that help. By the way your tractor looks great. Dutch, the B-series could possible be a little different than your series ? I am starting to think I just might be able to make it happen with the right hand lift lever I picked up. Of course it's not quite the vintage I would prefer but am I looking for function or originality. At this point function would be great. After seeing Kent's tractor I might just strip mine down even more. It is rewarding to see one that looks so nice. Thanks, Al

Herb & Al, I think you're right -- I think the later ones (7000/7100 ???) are a complete different addon with it's own pivot point, quadrant and all that simply bolt on over the existing lift arm. I haven't researched those since I don't have that new of a tractor. Kent