Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity / Homelite tiller

hamman

Without pictures I know it is kind of hard to do,but I have a 36" Simplicity 36" tiller #1690039 with mule drive and a Homelite 36" (allis) built tiller with mule drive. The Homelite is in a little ruffer shape. End plates are gone but it is in running condition and would need a fluid drain and refill. The Simplicity is near new. Tines and all are in great shape as is the belt. I may be in the market to sell them and I was wondering what they are worth.? Pictures, I know would be nice. Thanks. Roger

Thanks Ray. The older Homelite tiller is the one that has set outside and collected water in it. They both are useable but the HL needs end caps and the grease cleaned, case cleaned and regreased and it would be ready to go. Roger

I don't think I've paid over $150 for a 36" tiller with PTO, but do seem to get better money than that when they sell. Most I've grabbed up have been in the $100-120 range and were simply passed on to friends. I considered those a real steal, and they displayed varying degrees of wear, but in operating condition. I did throw a nearly new 1690039 with PTO on ebay and it got $350 a few months back...and the guy drove from PA to get it. I'm sure he'll get his money's worth out of it. The time to sell them is quickly approaching with folks thinking about spring gardening. =]

If you could see this one you would see what I mean about it being in near new condition. Thanks for the Info.. I just have to make up my mind about selling it. It's kind of hard to let go of attachments especially when you have waited so long to get it. Money has a lot to do with it right now. Social Security only goes so far. Thanks again. Roger