Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
tobski

stubborn booster fan on 325431

tobski
Hello, guess I spent a little on a engine without knowing history of it again. engine is 325431, hardly any compression, and some what of a sticking, click when cranked...trying to investigate it......after breaking off 3 of the four screws on the steel mesh(grass-chopper screen)..and loosening 2 bolts I cant seem to budge the booster fan, Is the correct procedure to use the flywheel puller on this? I researced past posts and 1 said they oiled it and it came off with light strikes, mine wont, I just dont want to bend or break the thing....Would this engine coupl or"connect" with late model b-10 driveshaft? Thanks in advance

dentwizz
The drive shafts should be cross compatible although you would need to fiddle with spacers on the interface, or use the adjusting screw under the shifter cover. The booster fan should be a semi loose fit, so I would heat it and run PB Blaster into the shaft area of it. With enough heat and wicking you should be able to tap it off or use a puller but make sure the puller is only pulling on the hub and not the pulley face/edge. Once it pops it should be easy.