Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Dragged home another one,,,,,,

ReedS

This poor old b has had a rough go of it; it's been rolled and left for dead for a long while! No hood nor fuel tank, and not much left on the seat either! The only redeeming qualities are that the 12hp Briggs turns over and it is a yellow equivalent to an engineless 3212 that is currently lounging around the "back 40"! Looks like a marriage made in heaven!
[img]/club2/attach/ReedS/IMG_1754a.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/ReedS/IMG_1755a.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/ReedS/IMG_1756a.jpg[/img]
I think I have enough spare variable parts now!

Greg, I wish I could save those tires, so far only one holds air! One of the rears allegedly has a hole in it. Sam, I forgot about the headlight mounts, they are definately a save item!

Talntedmrgreen
Poor old girl....I bet she's excited to spit fire again in some manner though 8) I especialyl like the mailbox letter badging. Who'da thunk? :D

Yup... looks like an engine donor to me... Now, if the hood had been there, in good shape, it might have gone the other way.

Yes, Kent that's what I was thinking when I bought it! Engine results will be in soon, I dragged it off the trailer this afternoon, removed the side panels so I could use the shop vac on the debris. Then I removed the cylinder head because when I removed the spark plug it was rusted! Consequently I found the intake valve stuck wide open! Tonight I'll throw a spare carb, points, fuel tank and battery on it and I'll see if the coil still throws fire! Crossing my fingers because otherwise it looks like a loss!sm02 Confirmed three of the four tires have holes that no tube will fix!

Should you need good rear tires/wheels, let me know. I have a pair of relatively new (I bought them for the B-210) 8.50 turfs, mounted, loaded with WW fluid, with chains on them stacked in the garage... Don't use them any more since I put ags on it, and will be looking to get rid of them...

Might just take you up on those tires Kent, no hurry on my end of course. Changed out the starter relay, cleaned up the points, cleaned out most of the mouse house, stuck a battery in it and I have spark! Added a little fuel to the cylinder and it runs! Needs a good carb and good cleaning as well as a little paint and I think I have an engine!