Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity 3210v Starter/Generator

otis3210V

Okay, I'm back with another question. The starter/generator on my 3210v started acting up. I was wondering where i could find parts to rebuild it and get it back up and running? Thanks guy's, Bob

For starts you can do a yellow pages lookup for lawn and garden, check with their service department to see where they get theirs repaired, or look up "Starters engines" and see where that takes you.

By acting up do you mean, squalling? Not spinning, not charging, overheating? It could be as simple as a bushing or bearing replacement or as extensive as needing the armature rewired or the pole shoes and packs rebuilt etc. The more information you provide the easier we can help. And welcome aboard Otis! I'm not trying to pitch a sale here, but investing the $10.00 a year for a membership enables you to help us help you much easier, as you can then add pictures. We like pictures...take pictures!! But get a membership first..lol