Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

snow cab

Mel_W

Have any of you guys with the small frame tractors (6000) ever put a snow cab on one? I got one today and it looks right but I didn't get to try any of it for fit. It got dark before I got home. Mel

quote:
Originally posted by Mel_W
Have any of you guys with the small frame tractors (6000) ever put a snow cab on one? I got one today and it looks right but I didn't get to try any of it for fit. It got dark before I got home. Mel
JohnMBerst has done one.

Yes I do, and find it works rather well. Have it mounted on my 6216, and did a bit of mods, for it to better suit me. I do have a good number of photos to share if needed. Bolts to the back of the top surface of the seat pan, and then to the running boards thru the holes. I did raise it up about 1" to help keep the doors from rubbing on the rear tires. Tried different methods to "seal" the front edge of the running boards, and each time a bit better. Did get the PDF from cab company, and helps some, but not everything was real clear. Hope this helps, and if you need more info let me know. Hope you get to enjoy the cab soon. Then Bob will "bug you" for an electric chute turner.....:I:I

Thanks Guys John, I'm not sure what company made this or even if it's for a simplicity. I think I can make it fit though. It must have been a fairly expensive cab as it has a glass front window and an electric wiper on it. What caught my eye was the color, it's orange with a white fiberglass roof. Mel

Many cabs are made by the same company and tweeked to fit the different brands. That glass with wiper is nice when the temps allow the snow to melt and stick to the windshield. Get it on there it looks one may be coming your way this weekend.

As mine is a soft side, not sure all of this would help you, but here you go.

When I first purchased the tractor and cab.

Before the great snows of 2012, and yard still looks like this... Hope this helps.