Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

3314H Rear Sleeve Hitch

Dan123

I can't find the cable that operates the rear sleeve hitch on this tractor. I found a sleeve for it but the big collar and the cable seem to be well hidden from me. I have found nothing on ebay or craigslist. Is there another place that I might find these thing? Any help would be appreciated

Dan, I have made my own cables and the connection to the lift for two tractors. I just buy a piece of cable at the local hardware store and a couple cable clamps. I use two flat plates with multiple holes in them to attach the cable to the rear lift. They fit on each side of the cable with a loop that is held by the clamp. I put a bolt through them with a locknut on it. I can change the location of the mounting bolts relative to the different holes in the plates to adjust the length of the cable.

I got this cable made at a local dealer that sells cable rigging for industrial uses like logging and oil wells. They custom built it to fit for about $15.00. I miscalculated the length, so had to add the additional adapter shown in the pic. If someone here can supply you with the actual eye-to-eye length...