Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Maybe it's time.....

BLT

.....to hang up our snow machinery now. Mother nature is giving the Milwaukee area a hint. Kinda early too!wah
[img]/club2/attach/BLT/Spring2012.jpg[/img]

I saw buds on my apple & pear trees today.?#@%& another hard freeze could be bad for the 2012 harvest XX( but if it stays warm |)^:D I think I'm ready

I removed my snowblower and chains yesterday. Also switched tires back for garden work. The leafs our out on my berry bushes. We saw 8 robins sat along with 80 or so redwing black birds

Robins are here too, daffodils blooming, and last night a friend told me e saw a snake in his yard Saturday. Guess I'll take off the chains and hitch up the fertilizer spreader.

First robin in Oshkosh was Feb. 20th. He had sun tan lotion, sun glasses, and a beach towel with him, so I think we are about done with winter. :Dsm01sm03 Got a storm coming, but more and more looking like a rain thing for us, or a sloppy mix at best. I did pick up a Simplicity single stage walk behind blower the other day tho, so I have three machines ready, just in case. Steve

Hey, Steve, kkep your confidence in those weathermen. They are always RIGHT!!!!! In the Cities they start talking about whats going to happen a week and 1/2 before the "storm" is supposed to hit. They had us going from 12-15" to all rain and now its rain and maybe 3-4". Their batting average is as bad as those millions of dollars baseball players.8D8D8D

Well, we got over an inch of rain and a snow showersm02sm02sm02 East and north they got anywhere from 6 to 15 inches. Got to save the blower again.XX(

quote:
Originally posted by BLT
More robins here tomorrow, more rain and T'storms, that'll drive the worms up.:D
Well, little green 'things'(Tiger Lillies) are poking their stems thru the ground today. That's it parking tractor and blower for garage space.;)

Depending on which forecast you look at, there's a possibility of somewhere between rain and up to 8" of the sloppy, wet stuff.