Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New old sign, AC stuff, and weekend tractoring

Chris727

Been a while since I've posted pics of the collection. Took a trip to Illinois to pickup a couple things I bought from Mr. Ed England. He used to sell AC lawn equipment out of his garage in the 60's and is one of the most fascinating people you will meet. I took my parents and our dog along. We had a great time with meeting Mr. and Mrs. England. I bought this sign:

I think its from approx 1960 to 1964. I really appreciate him selling it to me. The weather was great this weekend so Dad and I managed to get the sign mounted. It will go very well with my 1960 model 700 and 1963/4 Demonstrator Broadmoor if I ever get them done.

I don't think I ever posted pics of some of my other signs so here goes: First is a 1930s-40's handpainted wooden sign from Henderson Implement in Columbia, MO. They were a huge AC dealer.

This 3x6 Simplicity sign came off the former Beasley's Lawn and Marine dealer in Centralia, MO.

Here are some Stihl Signs and a briggs sign also from Hendersons:

There are others too but will post some other time. I also got two cans of AC paint from Mr.England. One is a spray can of cream and the other is a quart of B-Series yellow (I haven't researched which shade it is yet). Here they are added to my Allis "Convenience Center" of NOS stuff (technically the yellow isn't NOS as the can is 1/2 used up)

I also got to work on the 5010 this weekend. Been working on it over a year on and off. Put a refurbished gas tank into it.

I also ran the B-110 and B-210 to get thier juices flowing again after sitting a while. Didn't get to run the HB-212, had to charge the battery up.

Very cool! I see the signs from time to time, but that may be my favorite. Old, with the older script, and lighted! I love it. Nice collection ^

That sign had been hanging in his basement for decades. He is having an auction in June to sell off his remaining collection, including two front bachtold type weedmowers, a nice HB-112, and a boatload of other stuff. He hasnt made up his mind about selling the Bolens with the ark loader. I think it will be auctioned, but with a reserve of around $2000 or so. I have to go help tag everything up with descriptions later this spring.

quote:
Originally posted by Kent
Sam, if I remember correctly, Ed's the long-time friend of yours, isn't he? That should be a pretty amazing sale...
Yep. He was an old home dealer for the AC Lawn & Garden Line in the 60's. The HB-112 that will be on the sale is a tractor he sold new to a customer and then bought back somewhere in the last ten years from the same owner. I think it has a blade, a tiller, and a deck with it. Hydrolift too. My kid repainted it for him at one point in time. I met him at an auction when he bidd against me on a sickle mower. I won. If he wouldnt have quit I would have never known him. He came over and offered help and owners manuals for the mower if I needed them. Fiendship took off from there. I think he has for the auction the two weed mowers, a tiller or two, blades, a grader, a 712 w/16hp briggs I put in it for him, a 2110, a 3416, and alot of small parts and a couple of carts & other odds & ends. I'll post a listing when it gets developed later on.

I believe Ed is waiting until the sale to sell anything else. I had bought and paid for the sign and paint months ago, I just couldn't get up there to pick them up until recently (its a 4hr drive each way). He already has most of his items cataloged and has been advertising the sale in the Old Allis News.