Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
bandot1

917H elecric lift not working

bandot1
My A/C 917H has a problem with the electric lift. I think it may be a broken wire where it goes into the lift motor. I can wiggle the wire where if it enters the lift mechanism and get it to mske occasional contact. Is this repairable, are there brushes inside that I can replace, or should the whole lift assembly be replaced. Are manual lift handles available for retrofit if it comes to that?

RayS
I don`t believe you can get anything from Simplicity any more. The company that manufactured it is still in business. It is called Thomson Saginaw or do a google search. They show up on ebay all the time. electric motor shop maybe able to fix as well.

Blazerjeepman3
I have repaired 2 of them over the past 40 years. Brushes can be found for them in some electric motor repair shops, but recently some shops stopped carrying the brushes or doing repair. I found an old TV dish actuator that happened to have the same exact motor that I got for a spare. Look around and you may find one that is the same.

steveo358
My electric lift on my 7018 wasnt working either, I pulled the dash cover off, and found my wire that goes to power block disconnected. Put a new connection on the end, and good as new.