Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Flat Spot

Boney

With this winter being what it is I haven't driven my Sim that often,,,,,when I got on it last night to plow, the front end started to shake a little and I noticed there was a flat spot on the tire now. They are Tri-Ribs....will the flat spot slowly work itself out or is it there for good ? Any one have any experience with this. Thanx for any help.

i would think it would work itself out. i have never had tri-ribs, but on my old ramchager truck i had 4 bios-ply tires on it. would take a few miles bounceing down the road before they would warm up and smooth out.

Non-radials are notorious for flat spotting. Usually they'll work themselves out, but I think this is just your tractor trying to tell you something like "use me more". :D

They will come out of it. I have Tri Ribs and it happend once when the air pressure was low. I've had them on three or four years now and I only noticed it that one time.

quote:
Originally posted by ReedS
Non-radials are notorious for flat spotting. Usually they'll work themselves out, but I think this is just your tractor trying to tell you something like "use me more". :D
dOddOd On my 2110, it's really hard to tell the tires are flat spotted whilst bouncing through the garden.:D:D

Also when you leave it parked, do you lower the SnowBlade, Blower, Etc.? The added weight will add to the effect.sm01

quote:
Originally posted by goatfarmer
Take 'er up to about 60mph or so, it'll work out....sm01
OO I imagine you can get the same sensation running a GTO down a loose gravel road at 130mph:D Never had any flat spots on the 4 ply tris on my Deere loader.I keep them pumped up to around 20 lbs or so.

Are the bar tires larger or smaller than the original tires. If the bar tires are larger your speed should increase. Rick.........

Those larger bar tires create more air resistance than the smaller turfs. This slows a 725 down unless you replace the original engine with one that has about 25 Hp or put a turbocharger on the original one. :D

Okay Rod, if you are going to mention air resistance we need to also calculate the percentage of air resistance, the percentage of diameter increase, and the percentage of weight to correclty calcuate the speed of the tractor...... :D:D Sorry couldn't resist Rick..... Who would of thought a discussion of flat spotting tires would end up being a discussion of resistance and high speed.

quote:
Originally posted by SmilinSam
quote:
Originally posted by goatfarmer
Take 'er up to about 60mph or so, it'll work out....sm01
OO I imagine you can get the same sensation running a GTO down a loose gravel road at 130mph:D Never had any flat spots on the 4 ply tris on my Deere loader.I keep them pumped up to around 20 lbs or so.
Voice of experience, Sam?:o)

Oh Geez!!!:D:D:D "This dadgum thing is tight in the center and it feels like the back end wants to come around coming off the corner." "Just keep diggin for another 30 laps and we'll fix it at the next pit stop."sm00sm00