Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Weed cutter

bgosh

I picked up a weed cutter today but I need the pulley (159128)that goes onto the engine and belt stops (106707) Can some one tell me if these are still available or what size of a pulley is it.I could probable get it local.But would need some kind of dimensions for the belt stops.Thank You Stan wah

I just went to parts tree .com and when I listed that pulley # it said NO Longer available and then there was a 4.25 number right after,Do you think that might be the diameter. Stan wah

that would be the diameter. You can use a 4" or 4.5" that is the same as what is used on the snowblower. Check ebay thought I seen some belt stops on there last week.

Congrats on your find!! I know you've been looking for one for a while. It may very well be the most fun you'll have on a tractor! ;) I'm running mine off the same 4.25" pulley that my blower ran from. I use the belt the book calls for too, and the thing rocks. :D

Nice find,them thing also eat small children and baby rabbits, The rabbits don't make much noise just a splatt sound.:Y I don't no about small children I've managed to avoid them so far.:D

Stan, I use the same pulley as the blower (36") on my landlord. The weed eater, and blower use the same hitch and idler pulley setup. If you don't have the cover over the hitch, improvise one (they are NLA). The most problems you will have is the brush getting into and getting tangled in the drive setup. watch out for small trees and wooden fence posts, unless you intend to "slot" them.The cutter is a fierce machine. BE CAREFUL! The stripe on the drive spindle is there for a reason!. Wayne "Enjoy the TOY"

Stan, Just measured my front PTO pulley. It is 4-3/8" OD, and the outer flange dimension is 7/8". It is a pulley for a 1/2" belt. Good Luck! Wayne

quote:
Originally posted by wilm169
http://www.ebay.com/itm/300672754321?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
yep, those are them. easy enough to make. dang i JUST sold a cast iron pulley you needed.

The casts are NICE. I hang onto every one that crosses my path, yet I still seem to lose them when I need one.

Forgot to mention the fellow that I got this from has some Simplicity walk behind for sale.He is into the 720 size and that is why I was able to get that weed cutter.He may have some of those too.I can give you my contacts to anyone who might be interested.This is in WI He has a really nice shop also. Stan