Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Time to clean house....

memphis

The time has come for me to get rid of...yes not get new...tractors. With all the things going on in life...other projects, family, etc. i have decided to considerably thin the herd. Over the next week or so I will be listing around 10 in the classifieds. Dont get me wrong, I'll still have plenty left for myself to play with, but I need to finish many other things too. Some of them I will be listing is a couple of Wards...a squire 10 and a garden mark, a nice 700 roller and a 725 with a 16hp in it, 2 ruggs, a wonderboy 400, a complete jacobsen chief and a roller parts tractor, a 7016 with a bad rod (no deck) and a large old bolens. believe it or not, that will still leave me with 10 tractors to play with plus the 7116 I use for my yard. I am also selling off all the extfra parts I have...crates of starters, carbs, electrical, snowblower parts, levers and lift handles, hi/lo for a broadmoor, hydraulic lift, seats, wheels and tires, weights and weight boxs, spare engines....its all going away. I dont have the time anymore. I may list as a huge lot on ebay as it would be preferable to sell as a lot, we'll see how that goes. I will still be around and plan on hitting shows this year, just need some breathing room.

LOL, Good luck! I have been thinning my herd for the same reasons and have reduced the number of tractors from 29 to 23, and want to get that number down to around 12. I have 18 running Simplicity built large frame GT's and its just too much. Some hard decisions. Selling all that as a lot might be quick and easy but if you can take the time to sell individually, you will probably get much more, especially for parts. $0.02 worth

Believe it or not I'm 'down' to this many from at one time close to 100!! I know, single would be more but sometimes my time is more valuable than the extra money I might get individually. I could be making money elsewhere and not tripping over what I wish I could restore!

Must be the season! Too bad you're so far...probably a good thing though. :I

quote:
Originally posted by memphis
Believe it or not I'm 'down' to this many from at one time close to 100!! I know, single would be more but sometimes my time is more valuable than the extra money I might get individually. I could be making money elsewhere and not tripping over what I wish I could restore!
I've considered unloading a few too. I just can't get the number below 22 to keep. If I had to only keep 5 or so, I'd let go of them ALL.

Funny, you guys with fleets of tractors. I have three and I'm at capacity. Some day, I hope to have a place where I could have a small fleet, but none as large as Y'alls.

I have been thinking lately of getting rid of about 15 myself. I have sold 4 in the last couple months and then a deal comes along and now I'm back where I started except now I have three more to work on. When the number gets to twenty or so you just don't have time to get enough seat time on any of them. Why is it that the longer one sits, inside and covered, something is wrong with it when you go to use it again?

I'm keeping a bit of everything but realistically nothing is close to finished. I have some 'green' tractors....a 1967 112 with rare hydraulics and an even rarer patio tractor with a parts tractor. I have a spirit of 76 cub and a 67(?) Devere Locke, the only one I've ever seen. I have a homelite T16 that soon will have a front end loader on it, my 7116 that has a 48" deck, tiller and blower I use for the yard, and a 70's AMF tractor. My son has a clean little rugg and a "nascar" craftsman tractor hes rebuilding. My wife has a little rear engine deere, so I still have plenty to do, not to mention the cars, farm tractor and gas pump I'm restoring. to give an idea, I actually forgot another three tractors (maybe more?) that I'm getting rid of too! I have a one owner cub cadet that needs a motor...very well maintained with a plow and a deck think its a 75? A newer deere with a 20hp kawasaki and a bolens which currently has my front end loader on it thats going on my Homelite. its bad when you forget tractors you can see out your window!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• RenegadeJ
    • littlemarv
    • BLT
    • gwiseman
    • Bill725
    • Chris727
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts